How to post a comment

TO POST A COMMENT - At the 'Comment as' box click on the drop-down menu and select 'Name/URL' then in the name section type in your own name (the sender) and press 'contine' (there is no need to enter anything in the URL box).

Any views expressed are my own and are not representative of VSO.


Thursday 5 April 2012

A signing off message....

So my time as a VSO volunteer in The Gambia has come to an end. It's been such a wonderful and amazing experience and a rollercoaster of emotional 'ups' and 'downs'!

I have learnt so much from my time in The Gambia and to have had this opportunity has been such a blessing.

I want to thank my family and friends in the UK who made being away from home so much easier with a series of calls, cards and care packages (and even a visit)!

I want to thank my family and friends in The Gambia for allowing me to immerse into their lives and culture and for treating me as a fellow human being.

Finally I want to thank my wonderful husband. He has brought so much more to my life than money could ever buy. I look forward to the day when we are together again In sa Allah.


“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.”        


3 comments:

  1. Dear Vickie,

    Congratulations to you and your new husband. I wish you both the best in love, happiness and health.

    I just want to let you know that you brought tears to my eyes when I read your very last post. Your blog made me feel connected to Nathan because I would see his photos and would be able to see how life The Gambia really was.

    Nathan always spoke so highly of you to me. I just want to let you know that I'm going to miss your blog.

    Wishing you all the best with your future endeavors.

    Sincerely,
    Joann Otlewski

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Vicky,
    I stumbled across your blog this evening and just had to try to contact you. I was also a VSO in Kerewan 1994-1996. I worked at the REO and trecked around the North bank on my motorbike. I also married my husband, Morikebba who I met at a teacher training workshop! We've been married 16 years now and have a ten year old little boy. It would be great to chat to you as I feel we obviously have so much in common.
    My e-mail is colleyj01@leedslearning.net
    All the best to you and Nfamara and hope to hear from you soon
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was surfing the net, then I had seen your blog. I really wanted to be placed in Gambia too. I did had mine in Central Asia, 2 years ago.

    ReplyDelete