How to post a comment

TO POST A COMMENT - At the 'Comment as' box click on the drop-down menu and select 'Name/URL' then in the name section type in your own name (the sender) and press 'contine' (there is no need to enter anything in the URL box).

Any views expressed are my own and are not representative of VSO.


Wednesday 14 September 2011

Peace and quiet

Living on a big family compound can be great and having lots of children around and people to talk to ensures that life is always interesting. However sometimes it's quite hard to get a bit of peace and quiet.

It's not only me that feels this way, a few times I’ve had adults and children alike seeking refuge in my house telling me to close the door and not tell people where they are just so that they can get half an hour or so of peace!

Well baby Sarjo (who is almost 4 months old now and as beautiful as ever) often finds it difficult to rest in her own house. Her 'loving' sisters just want to play with her, pick her up, carry her around and just generally keep her awake. So, whenever she gets the chance, Isatou (Sarjo's mum) will sneak Sarjo into my house and tell me to close the doors so that her baby can sleep in peace.

And sleep peacefully she does as I sit at the side of her tapping away on my computer! Peace and quiet at last - well that is until her curious sisters come banging on the door!!





3 comments:

  1. What a lovely calm peaceful scene your photos show; I am so pleased that my 'calm vibes' gene has passed on to you - such a shame that the 'Micawber' gene has passed on as well. Still, I suppose if we unwind, chill & wait, something good will eventually turn up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. .

    Hi Vix,

    Whenever we read you blog, you make your experiences sound like one big giant roller-coaster...

    One minute your life is hanging by a thread after being poisoned...

    The next minute, you are all like, Yeah - I'm cool, just chilling in my room next to a sleeping baby.

    Take care.

    Love Cait and Fil x

    .

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful pics of a lovely little girl.
    Always better when their asleep. lol
    Take care.
    Moya xxx

    ReplyDelete