How to post a comment

TO POST A COMMENT - At the 'Comment as' box click on the drop-down menu and select 'Name/URL' then in the name section type in your own name (the sender) and press 'contine' (there is no need to enter anything in the URL box).

Any views expressed are my own and are not representative of VSO.


Friday 2 March 2012

Wow that's a big one!!

Some of the boys from my compound were called to the garden the other day to help with a situation! The situation was a HUGE snake!

The boys calmly killed it and then carried it home in order to skin it (apparently you can sell the skin). I am told that some people eat snake but the Ceesay Kunda boys said that they wouldn't be eating it.

Though it was fascinating seeing such a big snake I am slightly alarmed by the fact that a snake of such size was living so close to where I live! I think that during my last few weeks here in The Gambia I will have to ensure that I actually do wear covered shoes when walking around at night!!! (Not that covered shoes would make a big difference if a snake that size was ready for the attack!!)


No comments:

Post a Comment