How to post a comment

TO POST A COMMENT - At the 'Comment as' box click on the drop-down menu and select 'Name/URL' then in the name section type in your own name (the sender) and press 'contine' (there is no need to enter anything in the URL box).

Any views expressed are my own and are not representative of VSO.


Friday 27 August 2010

One of my best purchases!


Since being in The Gambia I have been using many of my newly purchased items and gifts. My camera is excellent (I think that my photography skills are improving too), my torches (in all their formats) have proved essential, the DEET has been a life saver (literally), sun cream (making me by far the whitest person here), the small rucksack has been really useful (that attaches to the backpack – Lucy recommended taking), the little head scarves (that mum gave me) have been worn every day and that’s just to mention a few. HOWEVER, one of the most useful and most talked about items I brought with me was a multi-coloured poncho! I remember buying it at one of the outdoor shops at Lakeside (The Garners were with me at the time) and being really disappointed because they didn’t have any plain coloured ones left. On reflection I couldn’t have selected a more appropriate colour and design! Not only does it stop me from getting completely drenched during the sudden downpour of rain but it also looks groovy and fashionable. Lots of people here (staff at the VSO office and passersby alike) have expressed their interest and like of my now beloved poncho!
Me modelling my poncho at the VSO programme office!

2 comments:

  1. You'll definitely get noticed in that poncho.
    Presumably it's waterproof and I'm sure very useful.xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi i love the poncho, its deffinatley better on. looks like you are having a great time love you loads becks x x x

    ReplyDelete