How to post a comment

TO POST A COMMENT - At the 'Comment as' box click on the drop-down menu and select 'Name/URL' then in the name section type in your own name (the sender) and press 'contine' (there is no need to enter anything in the URL box).

Any views expressed are my own and are not representative of VSO.


Friday 29 July 2011

Big beetles!

I mentioned in another post about some of the interesting insects that appear during rainy season so when I saw one of the big beetles (albeit dead) I was anxious to take a picture so people could see just how big they are!

Sometimes these things literally fall out of the sky and land on you and believe me - it'll make you jump!!

I used my mobile to give an idea of size!


6 comments:

  1. OMG look at the size of it - hiya matey hope u are well. I ant been on for bit as tend to do facebook from jays iphone now. cant wait to see u at christmas and have big hugs and games night hopefully. take care love phil xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is either a big beetle or a small mobile phone.
    I suppose if they're not harmful they're not as bad as other creepy crawlies, At least you can't miss them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - that's gross Vix.
    Can't believe it's just one of many creepy crawlies you get out there.
    Love you
    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scorpions, red spiders, poo in your shower... just come home will you!!

    cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is one big beetle.
    Well I can't believe you havebeen in Gambia a year already.I hope they know how lucky they are to have some one like you working for them. I hope you get the time to come and see us when you come home at Christmas.
    Take care.Love
    Moya. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! That, along with all the other creepy crawlies and things that go sting in the dark.....don't know how you're doing it!
    great reading though, keep it up!
    love Alison xx

    ReplyDelete